After decades of anticipation, the sequel to the 1988 classic comedy Coming to America, starring Eddie Murphy, is finally here.
Fans can now follow the journey of Prince Akeem and his loyal aide, Semmi, as they navigate the challenges and hilarious situations that arise in their quest to secure the future of Zamunda.
In this article, we will dive into where and how you can catch this laughter-packed journey in Coming to America 2.
You might be asking, is Coming to America 2 on Netflix? Sadly, no. It is not available on Netflix at this time.
Where To Stream Coming to America 2?
Initially planned for theatrical release, Paramount Pictures sold the movie to Amazon due to the impact of the COVID-19 pandemic. The only place you can stream it is on the Amazon Prime Video network.
Don't worry if you're not subscribed to Amazon Prime, as you can still watch Coming to America 2 by signing up for Amazon Prime for their 1-week free trial offer. If you have not been an Amazon Prime member in the last 12 months, you can sign up for a free trial here.
Prime members get access to a huge library of movies and TV shows with Prime Video. Watch your favorite shows anytime, anywhere, and never run out of things to watch again.
Amazon Prime Video has a vast selection of TV shows to choose from, but here are some of the best shows on the platform:
More Amazon Prime Shows
- The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel: A comedy-drama series set in the 1950s, following a housewife who discovers she has a talent for stand-up comedy.
- The Boys: A series that explores the dark side of fame and power as a group of vigilantes try to take down a corrupt group of superheroes.
- Fleabag: A comedy-drama series created by and starring Phoebe Waller-Bridge, following the life of a young woman living in London.
- The Expanse: A sci-fi series set in a future where humanity has colonized the solar system, following a group of characters as they navigate politics and survival in a complex and dangerous world.
- Jack Ryan: An action-thriller series based on the character created by Tom Clancy, following CIA analyst Jack Ryan as he uncovers terrorist threats.
So, what are you waiting for? Head over to Amazon Prime Video and indulge in the hilarity that unfolds in Coming to America 2.
Get ready to experience Eddie Murphy and Arsenio Hall's iconic performances, along with a star-studded supporting cast that includes James Earl Jones, Shari Headley, Tracy Morgan, and Wesley Snipes.
With a mix of nostalgia and fresh humor, Coming to America 2 delivers many laughs and memorable moments to old fans and newcomers alike.
Where to Watch the Original?
Released in 1988, Coming to America is a classic comedy film directed by John Landis and starring Eddie Murphy, Arsenio Hall, and James Earl Jones.
The movie follows the story of an African prince named Akeem, who travels to New York City in search of true love and to escape an arranged marriage. The film was a box office success, grossing over $288 million worldwide, and has since become a beloved cult classic.
With its hilarious performances, sharp writing, and memorable characters, Coming to America has remained a staple of the comedy genre for over three decades.
If you want to watch the original, you can stream it on several major platforms, including Amazon Prime Video, and Netflix (Brazil, Australia, Chile, Spain, and Poland).
So don't miss out on the chance to relive the classic comedy in Coming to America—and be sure to follow up with its highly-anticipated sequel, Coming to America 2.
Now that you know where and how to watch both films, all that's left is to grab your popcorn and settle in for a night of laughs. Enjoy!
McDowell's vs. McDonald's
In the classic 1988 comedy film Coming to America, one of the most memorable scenes involves the fast food restaurant McDowell's. Owned by Cleo McDowell (played by John Amos), McDowell's is a clear parody of the real-life fast food giant McDonald's.
The humor in the McDowell's vs McDonald's storyline comes from the clever ways the film pokes fun at McDonald's while still creating a unique and memorable fictional restaurant.
For example, McDowell's menu features the “Big Mick” burger, which is clearly a riff on McDonald's iconic “Big Mac.”
The restaurant's logo is also designed to be similar to McDonald's, but with a slight variation to avoid legal action.
Overall, the McDowell's vs. McDonald's storyline in Coming to America is a hilarious commentary on the power of branding and the lengths companies will go to differentiate themselves from their competitors.
It's a classic example of the film's clever writing and memorable characters and remains a beloved part of the movie to this day.
- Apple TV brings you the future of television, right at your fingertips. Immerse yourself in the world of laughter, inspiration, and heartwarming moments with the critically acclaimed show, Ted Lasso, and a plethora of other captivating content.
- Star studded, award winning series and films.
Amazon Prime Video
- Welcome to a world of boundless entertainment, where thrilling stories come to life at your convenience. Amazon Prime Video invites you to explore a universe of gripping narratives, including the adrenaline-pumping series, "Reacher," and an extensive selection of captivating content that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Additional benefits of Prime Membership: Music Streaming Service, Amazon Photos and Exclusive Offers
- Delve into a world of original storytelling, where Disney's creativity knows no bounds. With Disney+ Originals like "The Mandalorian," "WandaVision," and "Loki," you'll witness new narratives and characters that expand the enchanting tapestry of the Disney universe.
- Great collection of Kids series and movies.