Many countries have a limited Netflix library when compared to the US. For example, users of Netflix UK have around 1000 fewer shows & movies than their American cousins.
The picture is even worse for many users around the globe. Argentina has 2000 fewer titles, and the Czech Republic has 3000 less.
However, Netflix Japan boasts the most extensive library with over 6000 titles to stream, 500 more than subscribers in America!
The disparities exist due to licensing restrictions. Worldwide movie rights can be rather pricey. Netflix will typically only license a movie if the local demand justifies the expense.
For instance, a fringe Japanese manga movie may have limited appeal in the UK mass market. That's not to say there aren't Manga fans in the United Kingdom, but there isn't enough to make it worthwhile for Netflix.
This situation means Netflix users are missing out on some fantastic movies and series. However, you can view this content on Netflix with the help of a VPN service.
What Is A VPN And What Does It Do?
What's a VPN service? I hear you ask. A virtual private network (VPN) is a secure connection between two or more devices over the internet.
It is used to provide users with an extra layer of protection and privacy when browsing online, as data is encrypted and routed through remote servers before reaching its destination.
VPNs also mask a user's IP address and location, making it difficult for third parties to track their activity.
VPNs can also allow travelers to access their home countries' Netflix content while traveling abroad. Visiting Spain, but don't want to watch Spanish shows? No problem, connect to Netflix via a VPN in the UK.
You can also bypass censorship in certain countries that block access to sites like YouTube, Twitter, and Google.
A VPN service is also an excellent option for people outside the US to access entertainment services like Hulu, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, and more.
How To Connect To US Netflix?
If you have a Netflix account already in your country and would like to access US Netflix movie/tv show library. Follow these steps.
- Get ExpressVPN
- Download an ExpressVPN app or set up ExpressVPN on a specific device.
- Set your connection to one of US Servers
- Go to Netflix website
- Log in with your user information
Happy Browsing. Though I should point out that ExpressVPN does NOT come with a Netflix account, and it is not a replacement for Netflix.
Can I Use A VPN On My iPhone?
Yes, you can use a VPN on your iPhone. To set up a VPN connection on iOS, you will need to install a compatible VPN app from the App Store and follow the setup instructions.
Once connected, the VPN will encrypt your data and mask your location, so you can browse securely and privately.
How Do I Set Up A VPN?
To set up a VPN connection on your device, you will need to install a compatible VPN app from the App Store or another source.
We recommend ExpressVPN as it is the one of the best VPN companies in the world and has an excellent reputation.
After you sign-up with them, open the app and follow the setup instructions. This usually involves entering your account information and choosing a server location.
Once everything is in place, you can connect and start browsing securely and privately.
Top 5 Reasons To Use A VPN
1. Stay Private
Your internet service provider can see your internet traffic and probably logs your browsing history.
So to solve that problem, a VPN scrambles your traffic in an encrypted tunnel so not even your ISP can read it. No monitoring, no activity logs.
2. Defeat Censorship
If you live in a country or region that has blocked or restricted certain websites or services that you want to use, your VPN enables access to the free internet from anywhere.
3. Save Money
Did you know that some online stores show you higher prices if you’re browsing from certain locations?
ExpressVPN lets you appear to be in any of 94 countries (including the UK, U.S., Canada and Australia) to help you avoid price discrimination.
4. Encrypt Everything
Free public Wi-Fi is dangerous. It’s trivially easy for a hacker on the same network to read your personal data.
If you want to avoid potentially getting hacked, a VPN encrypts your entire internet connection to protect all your communications, even over unsecured networks.
5. Extend Your Coverage
You might be protected on one device, but what about your laptop, smartphone, tablet, and game consoles?
ExpressVPN gives you apps for all your devices plus support for every major operating system.
How Much Does A VPN Cost?
In generally, a VPN requires a monthly subscription though most offer a flat fee if you pay for a full year.
With Express VPN, signing up for one year will cost you £7.17 per month or £86 for the year. That is roughly $10 per month.
- Apple TV brings you the future of television, right at your fingertips. Immerse yourself in the world of laughter, inspiration, and heartwarming moments with the critically acclaimed show, Ted Lasso, and a plethora of other captivating content.
- Star studded, award winning series and films.
Amazon Prime Video
- Welcome to a world of boundless entertainment, where thrilling stories come to life at your convenience. Amazon Prime Video invites you to explore a universe of gripping narratives, including the adrenaline-pumping series, "Reacher," and an extensive selection of captivating content that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Additional benefits of Prime Membership: Music Streaming Service, Amazon Photos and Exclusive Offers
- Delve into a world of original storytelling, where Disney's creativity knows no bounds. With Disney+ Originals like "The Mandalorian," "WandaVision," and "Loki," you'll witness new narratives and characters that expand the enchanting tapestry of the Disney universe.
- Great collection of Kids series and movies.