Did you love Too Hot to Handle the American-British television reality dating show which recently aired on Netflix?
Created by Laura Gibson and Charlie Bennett, the show's first season was released on April 17, 2020, with eight episodes. The program is narrated by Desiree Burch and hosted by a virtual assistant named “Lana”, who gives the cast the rules they must follow for the upcoming season.
Too Hot to Handle centres around ten adults, unable to form lasting relationships, who are placed together in a house for four weeks.
The premise is to teach the young singles to create genuine connections instead of their usual conversations. Participants are forbidden from kissing, sexual contact or self-gratification, with prize money being reduced whenever they break a rule. The prize starts at $100,000.
If you're a fan of this type of content and are anxiously awaiting the fourth season of THTH, you certainly won't want to miss our list of 8 shows like Too Hot To Handle. Find out if love is really blind? Or if it's possible to discover true love through an Indian Matchmaker?
Our list of ‘loved up' reality shows like Too Hot To Handle that will give you hours of entertainment.
OUR LIST OF SHOWS LIKE TOO HOT TO HANDLE
How Many Seasons Of Too Hot To Handle?
Too Hot to Handle was launched in April 2020, in the middle of the pandemic. Probably because of this, it quickly gathered fans all over the world, becoming one of Netflix's most popular reality shows.
In January 2021, the series was renewed for two more seasons, and both were filmed during the Covid-19 outbreak in the Turks and Caicos Islands. The first half of the second season aired on June 23, 2021, followed by the second half in the following week, on June 30, 2021.
The third season came out in January 2022, and in the subsequent month, the series was renewed for a fourth season, with no premiere date available yet.
Is Too Hot To Handle Scripted?
Regarding reality TV, we expect the program to be filmed naturally and truthfully. However, it's not always clear how much the producers behind the scenes influence the cast members.
While some fans may expect everything that happens on Too Hot To Handle to be legitimate and free from outside influences, there are likely scripted situations, from telling the stars how to behave to how the editing influences the audience.
While many of the relationships formed in the village seem pure, others seem forced along with other spiritual interactions of the cast that seem unnatural.
Hardly any reality show is a true reflection of real life, and Too Hot To Handle is no exception. It may not be possible to know precisely how much is real and how much is simulated for the cameras.
Still, some of the contestants shared that they were in control of their stories throughout their stay in the villa and that the impact of the producers was minimal. All said they had genuinely authentic experiences.
Do The Contestants Divide The Final Prize?
The grand prize of Too Hot To Handle was $100,000 for the first and second seasons and $200,000 for the third one. For each rule broken, the reward decreases a specific amount depending on the severity of the breach.
In none of the seasons do the contestants receive the total prize. In the first, the total amount achieved was $75,000, and in the second season $55,000. In the last one, only $95,000 was left over from the initial award.
Every season, the total sum is divided among all the contestants, so everyone wins.
Where Is Too Hot To Handle Filmed?
What's better than meeting new people and searching for true love? Doing it on a natural paradise island!
Too Hot To Handle was filmed in a luxury resort called Casa Tau in Punta Mita, Mexico. In addition to the show's standard filming time, when the show ended, all fourteen contestants were able to spend several days at the resort off camera before returning home.
- Apple TV brings you the future of television, right at your fingertips. Immerse yourself in the world of laughter, inspiration, and heartwarming moments with the critically acclaimed show, Ted Lasso, and a plethora of other captivating content.
- Star studded, award winning series and films.
Amazon Prime Video
- Welcome to a world of boundless entertainment, where thrilling stories come to life at your convenience. Amazon Prime Video invites you to explore a universe of gripping narratives, including the adrenaline-pumping series, "Reacher," and an extensive selection of captivating content that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Additional benefits of Prime Membership: Music Streaming Service, Amazon Photos and Exclusive Offers
- Delve into a world of original storytelling, where Disney's creativity knows no bounds. With Disney+ Originals like "The Mandalorian," "WandaVision," and "Loki," you'll witness new narratives and characters that expand the enchanting tapestry of the Disney universe.
- Great collection of Kids series and movies.