Who doesn't love a great romantic drama? It's a genre that's so easy to like that even after a movie has been out for a couple of years; you can still go back and watch everybody fall in love all over again. Case in point is Forever My Girl!
Written and directed by Bethany Ashton Wolf, Forever My Girl is based on the novel by Heidi McLaughlin and stars Alex Roe and Jessica Rothe.
But what is it all about, and is it worth watching?
What Is Forever My Girl About?
Liam Page is a famous country music superstar who returns to his hometown, Saint Augustine, Louisiana, for the funeral of his best friend, Mason.
As Liam walks through the streets of his old hometown, memories of his past come flooding back, especially of Josie, whom he abandoned on the day of their wedding, eight years ago.
The pain of his betrayal still lingers in the air, and Josie has since moved on, becoming a successful business owner and a single mother to her adorable daughter, Billy.
As Liam tries to make amends with the people he hurt and reconcile with his father, he realises that he wants to reconnect with Josie, his one true love.
Josie, unsurprisingly, is hesitant to forgive him, still hurt by the fact that he upped and left all those years earlier.
But this is a romantic film, so Josie eventually gives in and the two begin to rekindle their love as Liam helps out with the family business.
When his agent, Sam, tries to lure him back into the music industry, Liam struggles to choose between his old glamorous life and his newfound love in his home town.
Will Liam choose to pursue his dreams or choose love and family? Will he be able to make up for his past mistakes and earn Josie's forgiveness? Find out in Forever My Girl.
Forever My Girl Official Trailer
Is Forever My Girl Worth Watching?
Forever My Girl is a touching story about redemption, forgiveness, and the power of love to heal old wounds. It's a romantic drama, so inevitably, it's a little predictable, but then again, most of the films in this genre are.
The film boasts a talented cast, led by Alex Roe as Liam and Jessica Rothe as Josie, and features a delightful soundtrack of country music hits to match its southern roots. It's a must-watch for anyone who enjoys a good romantic drama with heart and soul.
It does have a couple of plot twists, which, to be honest, you can see coming from a mile away but they do add another layer of complexity to the story.
One for the romance fans out there, Forever My Girl also throws in splashes of grief, regret, and second chances, ultimately dialling down the cheese in favour of creating a more well-rounded drama.
Overall, Forever My Girl is a poignant and moving film that tugs at the heartstrings. It's a testament to the power of love and the importance of family, and it reminds us that it's never too late to make things right.
It's not for everybody, but if you tend to gravitate towards this style of film then you won't be disappointed.
Where Was Forever My Girl Filmed?
The movie was largely filmed on location in Georgia.
Specific locations include the Mercedes-Benz Superdome which is where the Liam Page concert was filmed.
300 Main Street in Dallas, Georgia was the location for the Flower Shop and 3725 Powers Ferry Road, Atlanta was used to film the Church.
Cast Of Forever My Girl Movie
Written by Bethany Ashton Wolf and produced by Mickey Liddell, Jennifer Monroe and Pete Shilaimon, Forever My Girl has a great ensemble cast including…
Alex Roe as Liam Lincoln Page, a young musician who leaves town to pursue fame and fortune as a country singer
Jessica Rothe (Happy Death Day 2U) as Josie Mollee Swan
Abby Ryder Fortson as Billy Anne Swan
Travis Tritt as Walt
Peter Cambor as Sam, Liam's manager
Gillian Vigman as Doris, a publicist
Judith Hoag as Dr. Whitman
Tyler Riggs as Jake Swan
John Benjamin Hickey as Pastor Brian Page
- Apple TV brings you the future of television, right at your fingertips. Immerse yourself in the world of laughter, inspiration, and heartwarming moments with the critically acclaimed show, Ted Lasso, and a plethora of other captivating content.
- Star studded, award winning series and films.
Amazon Prime Video
- Welcome to a world of boundless entertainment, where thrilling stories come to life at your convenience. Amazon Prime Video invites you to explore a universe of gripping narratives, including the adrenaline-pumping series, "Reacher," and an extensive selection of captivating content that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Additional benefits of Prime Membership: Music Streaming Service, Amazon Photos and Exclusive Offers
- Delve into a world of original storytelling, where Disney's creativity knows no bounds. With Disney+ Originals like "The Mandalorian," "WandaVision," and "Loki," you'll witness new narratives and characters that expand the enchanting tapestry of the Disney universe.
- Great collection of Kids series and movies.