Who doesn't love a great home makeover show? They have been the staple of cable tv for decades with entire networks dedicated to home improvements. And now we have Hollywood Houselift with Jeff Lewis.
I'm not gonna lie, I love this show even if Amazon insist on dropping it one episode at a time! And I confess, I had never heard of Jeff Lewis so the whole show was a delightful surprise.
Here's how Hollywood Houselift works… Jeff Lewis is an American interior designer, and television and radio personality. His clients are mostly celebrities but unlike some shows, he doesn't transform rooms in a handy 40-minute episode.
The jobs are simply too big, require weeks if not months of planning and work and as such the makeovers continue from week to week.
Each makeover starts with Jeff meeting the client, figuring out what they want and looking at the budget to see what can be done.
The budgets are not for the faint-hearted. Melissa rivers spent nearly $150,000 on a BATHROOM! Seriously, her toilet roll holder cost $700!
As each job gets underway, Jeff meets a new client and the process begins again. So what you get is a whole series of makeovers at various stages of completion.
Then at the end of each episode, one job is finished and we get to see what millionaire celebs spend their money on and how the transformation turned out.
Hollywood Houselift Official Trailer
Is Hollywood Houselift Worth Watching?
If reality tv home makeovers, like Dream Home Makeover, are your thing then Hollywood Houselift is must-watch tv.
Jeff Lewis is unintentionally hilarious and his commentary on what the celebs want is eye-opening especially when he's talking to his assistant Shane Douglas.
What's interesting is just how much input the clients have. They literally choose every single item that goes into the design and their standards are incredibly high.
Jeff Lewis doesn't always agree so the compromise process is interesting. As is the fact that this is far more realistic with delays in getting certain products, items costing more than anticipated, going over budget etc…
Hollywood Houselift is addictive so if you want to watch interior designer Jeff Lewis and his new assistant Shane Douglas as they work on home remodeling projects for Hollywood celebrities, you can catch it on Amazon Freevee.
Who Is Jeff Lewis?
If you haven't heard of Jeff Lewis before Hollywood Houselift, he is the interior designer to the stars.
He started his own design firm, Jeff Lewis Design, in 2009 and by 2010 was asked by House Beautiful to design their “Kitchen of the Year,” which was showcased at Rockefeller Center.
He has his own lines of products for homes such as paints, rugs, tiles, and doors and when not designing hosts a radio show, Jeff Lewis Live, on Sirius XM.
Hollywood Houselife Celebrity Clients
Hollywood Houselift would be less Hollywood if it weren't for the celebrities in the show.
Produced by Allison Grodner, Jeff Lewis, Rich Meehan, Billy Taylor the show features the following celebs…
Anthony Anderson – needs the front driveway at his new house overhauled
Melissa Rivers – bathroom redesign
Fortune Feimster – needs to improve the frontage of her home
Wilmer Valderrama – redoing the family room, dining room and hallway
Ashlee Simpson Ross and Evan Ross- re-doing the master bedroom
Lamorne Morris – garden summerhouse makeover
Mira Sorvino – needs the pool and backgarden completely re-done after a wildfire damaged it
Roselyn Sanchez – needs to makeover a guest bedroom and turn it into a podcast studio
Get ready for non-stop entertainment with access to thousands of popular movies and TV shows, including award-winning Amazon Originals. Plus, enjoy the convenience of FREE One-Day Delivery on millions of items. With the ability to watch anywhere and cancel anytime, you'll never have to worry about being tied down. So why wait? – Join Now
30-day free trial available.
- Apple TV brings you the future of television, right at your fingertips. Immerse yourself in the world of laughter, inspiration, and heartwarming moments with the critically acclaimed show, Ted Lasso, and a plethora of other captivating content.
- Star studded, award winning series and films.
Amazon Prime Video
- Welcome to a world of boundless entertainment, where thrilling stories come to life at your convenience. Amazon Prime Video invites you to explore a universe of gripping narratives, including the adrenaline-pumping series, "Reacher," and an extensive selection of captivating content that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Additional benefits of Prime Membership: Music Streaming Service, Amazon Photos and Exclusive Offers
- Delve into a world of original storytelling, where Disney's creativity knows no bounds. With Disney+ Originals like "The Mandalorian," "WandaVision," and "Loki," you'll witness new narratives and characters that expand the enchanting tapestry of the Disney universe.
- Great collection of Kids series and movies.