Who doesn't love a good ‘ole romcom? Ok, so not everybody does, but I do, which is great because it meant cosying up on the sofa to watch Resort To Love.
Resort to Love, a sun-soaked romantic comedy on Netflix, is like a delightful cocktail of humour, heart, and tropical vibes.
Starring the charming Christina Milian, this movie takes us to an island paradise where aspiring pop star Erica navigates through a series of unexpected twists and turns.
Whether you're in it for the romance, the stunning scenery, or just a feel-good flick to brighten your day, Resort to Love is a delightful escape from the ordinary.
What Is Resort To Love About?
The story goes that Erica Wilson is a very determined young woman who wants to be a professional singer. She has sacrificed everything, including her relationship with her ex-fiancee Jason (Jay Pharoah), to follow her dreams.
However, when her big break gets sidelined, she is left with no choice but to take a job as a resort singer in a luxurious Mauritius island resort.
Now I know what you are thinking. How awful that she ‘has‘ to work on a beautiful, sun-drenched island that looks like paradise. But this is a rom-com, not Citizen Kane, so we'll go with it.
Once Erica (Christina Milian) gets there, she meets Barrington (T.J. Power), one of her band members and the go-to guy for everything that needs to get done at the resort.
She soon settles into her new life, and all is going smoothly until she is booked to do another wedding. Only this time, it's for her ex and his bride-to-be, Beverly.
Stunned by the revelation that Jason has moved on, Erica is all in a tizz. To make matters worse, Beverly has no idea that Jason used to be engaged.
Agreeing to keep their past relationship a secret, they crack on with wedding plans, and all soon become friends.
But are Erica and Jason really over? Is there a glimmer of unresolved feelings lingering between them?
In a nutshell – yes. However, the introduction of Jason's brother Caleb (Sinqua Walls) as a potential love interest and the fact that Beverly (Christiani Pitts) is so lovely really doesn't make you root for Erica and Jason.
You're probably not supposed to, anyway.
Resort To Love Official Trailer
Is Resort To Love Worth Watching?
Resort To Love will not rank well with the critics, after all, it has fondue levels of cheese at its core. But there is still a lot to like about it.
Christina Milian (Falling Inn Love) is very watchable and relatable as a woman who just doesn't know what she wants out of life.
It was produced by Alicia Keyes, so the music is on point. And the impending love triangle is entertaining.
Overall, Resort To Love is an easy watch and, while still predictable, is at least entertaining.
And if you liked that movie, then you may also want to watch Love Guaranteed with Rachael Leigh Cook.
Cast Of Resort To Love Netflix
Christina Milian as Erica, a young woman who must overcome a music career meltdown and take a job as a singer at a luxurious island resort
Jay Pharoah as Jason King, Erica's ex-fiance who arrives where she is working for his own wedding party
Sinqua Walls as Caleb King
Tymberlee Hill as Amber
Christiani Pitts as Beverly Strattford
Karen Obilom as Janelle Strattford
Alexander Hodge as Christian
TJ Power as Barrington
- Apple TV brings you the future of television, right at your fingertips. Immerse yourself in the world of laughter, inspiration, and heartwarming moments with the critically acclaimed show, Ted Lasso, and a plethora of other captivating content.
- Star studded, award winning series and films.
Amazon Prime Video
- Welcome to a world of boundless entertainment, where thrilling stories come to life at your convenience. Amazon Prime Video invites you to explore a universe of gripping narratives, including the adrenaline-pumping series, "Reacher," and an extensive selection of captivating content that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Additional benefits of Prime Membership: Music Streaming Service, Amazon Photos and Exclusive Offers
- Delve into a world of original storytelling, where Disney's creativity knows no bounds. With Disney+ Originals like "The Mandalorian," "WandaVision," and "Loki," you'll witness new narratives and characters that expand the enchanting tapestry of the Disney universe.
- Great collection of Kids series and movies.