In among the vast number of time-travel movies, Time Trap emerges as a distinct contender, blending suspense with mind-bending temporal twists.
This film invites you on a riveting journey and the mysteries of a cavern where time doesn't quite behave.
As the story unfolds, the question isn't just about escaping the cave but understanding the very fabric of time itself.
A surprisingly good film, Time Trap follows five young students who set off to find their missing archaeology professor. From the outset, it bucks the trend of being completely cliche which makes it far more engaging than expected.
What Is Time Trap About?
Professor Hopper (Andrew Wilson) is in search of a family that went missing back in the 1970s. Discovering their abandoned vehicle, he finds his first clues about how they disappeared.
However, when he himself doesn't return after a few days, a group of students along with some friends, decides to track the missing professor and bring him home.
Things take a turn for the worst when they find themselves stranded in a huge cave with seemingly no way of getting out. Ropes they used to get into it have been cut and they've lost contact with the only person who stayed above ground.
Things get even weirder when one of them does manage to get out only to find the surrounding landscape has changed beyond all recognition. It's then they discover that they are literally in a time trap.
Time passes very differently and every second trapped inside is the equivalent of days, if not weeks passing in the real world. So an hour in the cave may even be years whizzing by. Kind of like Timeless.
Still believing that Hopper is in the cave, they soon discover that they are not alone. But can they escape or will they so much time pass that even if they do get out, humanity will be lost forever?
Time Trap Official Trailer
Is Time Trap Worth Watching?
Time Trap is a clever film that has a few twists and surprises. Written and directed by Mark Dennis, the script, in particular, is sharp and witty and blends the humour and drama very well.
Despite not having an overly familiar cast, the acting is solid, and overall Time Trap is a really enjoyable movie to watch. Think time travel (ish) with heavy doses of sci-fi and fantasy.
The paradoxes presented in the movie compel you to question what you understand about the space-time continuum itself. With suspense dripping from every corner, and uncertainty lurking in the shadows, it's a clever and engaging film from start to finish.
It's rare to find a lead who can channel both vulnerability and strength in such balanced proportions. Brianne Howey does exactly this in the Time Trap film. As the storyline progresses, Howey showcases a range of emotions, from the initial curiosity of the cave's discovery to the dire realisation of being trapped.
Joining the pantheon of sci-fi movies on Netflix, Time Trap easily holds its own. It's evident that a lot of thought went into crafting this film. The visual effects don't overshadow the plot but rather enhance it.
So if you're a fan of suspense-filled narratives, watch Time Trap on Netflix. It's not just about the unpredictability of time in the movie but also the characters' dynamics as they navigate this perplexing scenario.
Moreover, for the science fiction buffs out there, this film is a refreshing take on the genre. While many movies have explored the concept of time travel, Time Trap introduces a novel setting with its mysterious cave, making it a unique experience.
Time Trap Movie Cast
Brianne Howey (Ginny & Georgia) as Jackie
Andrew Wilson as Hopper
Cassidy Gifford as Cara
Reiley McClendon as Taylor
Olivia Draguicevich as Veeves
Max Wright as Furby
Hans Marrero as The Guardian
Rich Skidmore as Rich Pintauro
Chris Sturgeon as Hopper's Dad
Sofie Marie Lusitana as Guardian Girl
- Apple TV brings you the future of television, right at your fingertips. Immerse yourself in the world of laughter, inspiration, and heartwarming moments with the critically acclaimed show, Ted Lasso, and a plethora of other captivating content.
- Star studded, award winning series and films.
Amazon Prime Video
- Welcome to a world of boundless entertainment, where thrilling stories come to life at your convenience. Amazon Prime Video invites you to explore a universe of gripping narratives, including the adrenaline-pumping series, "Reacher," and an extensive selection of captivating content that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Additional benefits of Prime Membership: Music Streaming Service, Amazon Photos and Exclusive Offers
- Delve into a world of original storytelling, where Disney's creativity knows no bounds. With Disney+ Originals like "The Mandalorian," "WandaVision," and "Loki," you'll witness new narratives and characters that expand the enchanting tapestry of the Disney universe.
- Great collection of Kids series and movies.