Wanted is an Australian drama which premiered on the Seven Network in 2016.
The tv series follows two very different women called Lola (Rebecca Gibney) and Chelsea (Geraldine Hakewill). Not knowing each other at all the two strangers find themselves waiting at the same bus stop when a car crashes in front of them.
As they try to help the driver, two masked men arrive and shoot him dead. When Lola struggles with the masked attacker the gun goes off, killing him.
In a blind panic, the other man is unmasked and takes them both hostage. Lola and Chelsea quickly realise that their captor is a police officer and ultimately escape.
But because they are now involved in a larger criminal conspiracy, involving dirty cops headed up by Ray Stanton (Nicholas Bell), they have no choice but to go on the run across Australia with a car full of dodgy money.
With their faces all over the news and being chased by criminals and corrupt police, the two polar opposite strangers can only trust each other.
But things are never straight forward and it turns out that both of these women are hiding their own secrets which will ruin their lives if they get caught.
There's a lot on the line for the two ladies but can they clear their names or will they stay Wanted forever?
Wanted Season 2
The end of Wanted season 1 ended with a resolution just before Lola received a disturbing call.
And that's where the second season picks up. We find the two women in both Thailand and New Zealand as they try to save a kidnapped family member.
That storyline line then lands Lola and Chelsea in prison which sets the stage for season three of Wanted.
Wanted Season 3
In the third and final season of Wanted Lola and Chelsea end up in witness protection but trouble is never far behind.
When Lola decides to track down Chelsea the two go off on another run before coming across more dangerous people running a human smuggling operation.
Once again, they risk their lives to help which begs the question – will Lola and Chelsea ever be free?
Is Wanted Worth Watching?
The first season consisted of six episodes and the premise was solid.
Two strangers get caught up in a crime gone wrong and with no other options, they go on the run. It's totally plausible and really engaging.
The problem with Wanted is that because it was so successful in Australia, they really eeked out the storyline to get three seasons and I'm not sure if it was worth it.
A murder involving dirty cops is one thing but then throw in an unrelated kidnapping and a human trafficking ring and you start to think that these two are the unluckiest women on earth.
That said, it is a solid show for multiple reasons. The actual characters are really good as are the two lead actresses who play them.
Rebecca Gibney as Lola Buckley and Geraldine Hakewill (Miss Fishers Murder Mysteries) as Chelsea Babbage are excellent and very watchable.
Created by Rebecca Gibney (Lola) and Richard Bell, Wanted is definitely worth a watch if you like an intriguing crime drama that has plenty of twists and turns.
Where To Watch Wanted?
In the UK and US you can watch Wanted on Netflix.
The streaming platform has all three seasons available.
Was Wanted Cancelled?
Technically yes, Wanted was cancelled after the third season. Season 1 averaged 1.24 million viewers and was the highest-rated Australian drama series of 2016.
However, the longer the tv series went on the more the ratings fell. And as we all know, it's a numbers game.
Unfortunately Wanted didn't get as many viewers for season 3 and as such that became the final season.
Wanted (TV Series) Cast
The first season was directed by Peter Templeman and Jennifer Leacey and set up the storyline nicely. But even with a great premise and script, you have to have a great cast…
Rebecca Gibney as Lola Buckley
Geraldine Hakewill as Chelsea Babbage
Stephen Peacocke as Detective Josh Levine
Kate Box (Deadloch) as Detective Max Middleton
Ryan Corr as Chris Murphett
Nicholas Bell as Ray Stanton
Mirko Grillini as Terry Boke
Robyn Malcolm as Donna Walsh, Lola's sister
- Apple TV brings you the future of television, right at your fingertips. Immerse yourself in the world of laughter, inspiration, and heartwarming moments with the critically acclaimed show, Ted Lasso, and a plethora of other captivating content.
- Star studded, award winning series and films.
Amazon Prime Video
- Welcome to a world of boundless entertainment, where thrilling stories come to life at your convenience. Amazon Prime Video invites you to explore a universe of gripping narratives, including the adrenaline-pumping series, "Reacher," and an extensive selection of captivating content that will keep you on the edge of your seat.
- Additional benefits of Prime Membership: Music Streaming Service, Amazon Photos and Exclusive Offers
- Delve into a world of original storytelling, where Disney's creativity knows no bounds. With Disney+ Originals like "The Mandalorian," "WandaVision," and "Loki," you'll witness new narratives and characters that expand the enchanting tapestry of the Disney universe.
- Great collection of Kids series and movies.